ESI Energy Analyst, Mr. Kamal Soundararajan, participated in the 1st ASEAN Energy Literacy Conference, held in Bangkok. This event was organised by the Petroleum Institute of Thailand and hosted by Thailand’s Ministry of Energy. The event focused on the role of energy literacy as the “Foundation of Public Trust” for the energy industry and the invited speakers shared their views on the principles and concepts of energy literacy.
The participants discussed a broad range of energy issues, ranging from pricing and subsidies, to energy and the environment, energy efficiency and renewable energy, and ASEAN energy practices. Kamal delivered a presentation on Singapore’s energy efficiency policies and also spoke about key policies for the industrial, building, transport and residential sectors.
He was also invited to share his views in a panel discussion on energy literacy together with five other panellists:
- Mr. Sergev Tulinov, Economic Affairs Officer for the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific,
- Dr. Siri Jirapongphan, Executive Director of the Petroleum Institute of Thailand,
- Mr. Nopporn Chuchinda, Secretary in Charge of the ASEAN Council on Petroleum,
- Mr. Sayiful Bakhri Ibrahim, Secretary in Charge of ASEAN Power Utilities, Indonesia,
- Mr. Tang The Hung, Deputy Director of the Planning Department at the General Directorate of Energy, Vietnam.